View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 11:28 PM

POSSIBLE Solution: if you don't mind a separate switch you could disconnect the wires from the ignition switch that power the turn signals, windows, etc. (those items that do not work now) and connect each of those wires to a separate fused toggle switch that has power from a 12 volt source. You need to ensure that the toggle switches are rated as 12 volt and also high enough amperage load to handle each of the circuits. If you can find a toggle switch that has a combined amp load to handle all of the leads for turn signals, windows, wipers, etc. you could possibly make this hook-up with a single high amp load toggle switch. If your ignition switch starts the car OK this could be an alternative approach. Just make sure to use the proper size wire (at least 16 gauge or larger) and to use the proper size fuse for each circuit. Make sure and turn the switch off when not driving to prevent accidentally leaving something on (turn signals, etc.) that could drain your battery.

The other option is to look for a used switch. If you can find out if a switch from a W123 diesel Mercedes will work on your car that may be another option. I do not know if your car has lockable steering. The W123 cars have lockable steering that is locked by the switch mechanism but if you do not mind having the switch hang down under the dash exposed you could hook up the W123 switch. If you decide to go with a W 123 switch let me know as I have 2 good ones with key. $65 each shipped to USA.