View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude99 View Post
Seriously? So instead of just a service soon warning it shuts itself off?!?! if this is true I would replace it as a maintenance item upon buying a car with SBC and just chalk it up to a cost of ownership\necessary safety.
Maybe any dealer can tell you how many pushes of the pedal are left. Actually this post coincides with something I earlier thought I read, It just was not clear.

There is still enough confusion to talk to a good Mercedes dealer. It may be a simple case of resetting the counting device before the unit hits its pre programmed limit. If it is allowed to do so it may not be resettable.

There has to be something there as even Mercedes could not allow the system on the road for potential liability issues unless they had an escape.

I again as it was so cloudy got the impression when they changed the fluid and bled the brakes as a maintenance item they reset the counter.

You do not maintain the car to their specifications you lose your brakes? They may have lost any liability. At the same time I would find this very strange engineering.

It also is odd that the posters message above my post was not general knowledge. I just went back and read it. Pure and simple it is designed to stop functioning. Maybe the onset warnings have been missed for those that have experienced sudden failure. If this is the case they are pretty safe systems as long as you watch for the indicators after all. I wonder how many people have decided to sell these cars when a Mercedes dealer tells them you are starting to approach unit replacement time. Nothing much surprises me anymore.

Last edited by barry12345; 11-22-2015 at 10:45 PM.