View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangit View Post
My brakes have been flushed by a MB dealer every two years as recommended since new. I asked them to interrogate the SBC for number of activations and was told they could not do it.

Go to this site and file a complaint. Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Several owners state the system quit abruptly with no prior warning messages. Did they service their brakes as recommended? No way for us to know.

John
Could not, or, would not? I know you wrote "could not do it," but my next question would have been; why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shertex View Post
If, as Deplore suggests, I will get white warning messages, I am fine with being the proud owner of an SBC system. If there's a chance the first warning I get is red warning (and the loss of braking power that goes with it)...that's what makes me nervous.
I'm with you here. I think we need to spend some time with our respective MB dealer's service advisors to try and find the accurate answers on this one. There's conflicting information here on thread - then there's a lot of information being alleged as fact too. Enough so, to go beyond this thread to the MB dealers to try to ascertain the actual facts regards these systems, from their actual source.