View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Cinedp

New HU/Radio for 1999 E300 Non-MF SW

Hello everyone,

I know that this question has been answered and trust me I have been searching, but have yet to get a definitive answer so I hope I don't piss too many folks off by asking it again.

I have a 1999 E300 with a Becker Audio BE3302 Radio?HeadUnit installed. I would like to upgrade to the Sony MEX GS810BH Radio/HU my wife purchased but did not use in her car. Crutchfield says it will fit, but my greater question is whether this new system (Sony) can be adapted to allow me to install a Multifunction Steering wheel - currently it lacks one - in the car to control ONLY the volume and phone connection.

I know that there are a few aftermarket kits that MIGHT work and that PRE 1999 W210s lack the Fiber Optics to allow for SW control. But since this is the first year that they included the Fiber Optic and because I would like to be a safer driver out there, I was hoping someone could steer me in right direction.

I WILL have a professional install the system, but before I go out and throw my dollars at a Multifunctional Steering wheel AND possibly a Instrument Cluster, I thought I would check here.

C -

Here are some photos of the back of the HU and the the IC.
Attached Thumbnails
New HU/Radio for 1999 E300 Non-MF SW-photo-1.jpg   New HU/Radio for 1999 E300 Non-MF SW-photo-2.jpg