View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Likes DIY/Tech'y inclined

Problem fixed then came back... update

All,

Here's an update...

So far I've replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, o2 sensor, fuel filter, injectors, icv hoses, intake hoses, air metering boot, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel distributor with eha and potentiometer (from donor car) and the car would run without stumbling but it was really rich and would not start cause it floods. I gave up and sent it my indy. He replaced a bad temp sensor, adjusted potentiometer and mixture. The car ran with high idle ~1k RMP but won't kick down. I think that's a separate problem or maybe related (enrichment problem?). High idle I think might just be a misadjusted potentiometer. Anyhow, I started the car yesterday and let idle for less than a minute and when I placed it in drive it would stumble then recover. It ran fine when placed back in park. I started her up today just fine and adjusted mixture a little richer and she ran fine/smooth in idle and when in drive with good pick up. I started her up tonight and it was stumbling from the get go then recover while in idle. I'm thinking it might be wiring to the temp sensor is suspect which might actually be the original problem. Any thoughts? The stumbling is more like bucking as if there's no detonation in one or more cylinders, then I smell fuel. I see 3 sensors inline from cylinders 1-6. Can someone shed light on what each sensor does? I have an idea but rather query you. Thanks....

'87 W124 260E (DD)
98K orig. mi. @7/15
CLK 7-Spoke Forged Wheels
Neuspeed springs/Bilstein Sport
4/3 bump (F/R)

'97 993 Carrera
106K orig. mi.
Always driven like it's stolen