View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Hydroplaned in the 190D 5 speed.

Both Me and the car are unharmed.

It'd been drizzling all day, and I was going a tad fast...

If any of you are familiar with Charlotte, NC, it was on the eastbound Independence Blvd. on ramp to north bound Eastway...

For those NOT familiar with that stretch, it's an S curve outer ramp of a cloverleaf overpass onramp. Pretty steep rise, curves to the right, then sharply to the left, then sharply back to the right, all while climbing a fairly steep rise to the road... Anyway, I hit the first curve, then accelerated into the second, and I must have kept accelerating into the third, when the backend came out from under me, and I plowed into the curb at a 90degree angle... Both wheels cleared the curb, and I ended up in a rut from trucks turning too wide ...

Anyway, it stalled and I restarted then powered it into reverse and backed out onto the ramp and drove away... Nothing bruised but my ego.
I looked over the car, no evidence of the mishap... Lucky!

I think hitting it dead on saved my oil pan...

I may have to inspect my rear tires... They may be a tad worn...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!