View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 12:16 AM

'69 230 w/m110 build/swap

Just started buying pieces for my new project.

Interested in informational comments on "sleeper" hot rodded W114.

I have purchased a 1969 230 w/original drivetrain, sold as an original 35,000 mile car. Runs, interior looks almost perfect, no rust. It left Oakland yesterday, I should be able to pick up after X-mas.

'69 230 w/m110 build/swap-image.jpg

I have a M110 and auto trans from a grey market 1985 280SE that arrived on island Friday and will be delivered to me Monday.

Just arrived a set of 16 x 8 Lorinser wheels for it from Poland.

Plans for the engine are offset grind crank, increase compression to 10.5:1, individual F/I throttle body's, custom rods, pistons, mods to head relative to changes. Only the block, crank, and head will remain. Change to coil on plug, serpentine belt system, etc

I've been trying to research building up this engine, but it seems no one completes the build or they just loose steam.

Over the last 10 years I have built/modified/restored 1979 Jeep Cherokee (401 stroked, custom pistons, rods, cams, heads, etc), 1972 Mustang, 1977 Corvette (on 3rd engine revision), 1995 YJ Jeep with Chevy 4.8 ltr Vortec/4L60 trans conversion, and just finishing building a Factory Five Racing 818.

Not necessarily bragging, just putting into perspective that I do understand some of the concepts, costs, and time required to make major changes.

The goal is not to make unfriendly outward changes to the cars appearance, just modern designed/performance drivetrain. Obviously it would be much easier to drop in a LS engine, but I want to keep this Mercedes. Plus the fact that the M110 is a Hemi is too cool not to try and build.

After I get the engine/trans I will be shipping off the crank and heads for their improvements. Does anyone know if anyone has a torque plate for the M110?