View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 01:02 AM

Frank, thanks for commenting.

Part of the overall build includes deleting the spare tire and pocket in the trunk. The battery will be located in that area. Cleaning out everything possible under the hood also for a clean look.

I have not been able to confirm if the M110 has a forged or cast crank. Obviously hoping for forged. I have not been able to find anyone that has pushed the envelope on maximum stroke, so not sure how far I can go until I open mine up. But my hope is I can get to 86mm. Carrillo sells an off the shelf rod for a Spidget that has a 1.77" dia and 1" wide end with several options for bearings. It is also close to the right length. If the crank is forged I can get it welded up, stroked and fit to the rods for $2k, if not it will be closer to $5k for a custom crank.

The benefit is displacement. Can't go wide, gotta go deep! Plus it will help with increasing the compression to my target static of 10.5:1

Custom Pistons will be required, each aspect actually. Looking to drastically reduce the weight of the assembly. The Carrillo rods are half the weight of stock, looking to do the same on the pistons. After the heads are complete I wil be sending a mold of the combustion chamber to aid in the design of the top of the piston. Increasing the stroke will alter the shape of the top of the piston and how far it extends beyond the top of the block and its shape.

I guess you can split hairs on the hemi shape, but it is rounded and has splayed valves.

This will take a few months to put together. But I did build my 818 from the ground up in 13 months, including paint.

'69 230 w/m110 build/swap-image.jpg