View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 PM

Actually, I'm kind of surprised that my fellow PnP customers for the most part seem to use reasonable care when removing parts. PnP has zero yard help but hoods are almost always but back on after taking whatever, glass is rarely broken, etc. They do have some guys who make their living by pulling stuff for you for a "tip" (I never know what to pay those guys and I think they can't set a price without changing their business status) but the parts removers don't seem to be any better or worse at keeping up the yard. Guess what I'm saying is that I don't see any deliberate lack of care.

The non-PnP yard that I have access to lets me wander and find what I want then they'll pull it unless it's something I can grab with a screwdriver. They are a bit higher priced than PnP but not outrageous and for things like engines it's probably a wash unless you do all the work yourself (I'm too old for that!).

The guy who won't give prices - he's a control freak and won't get a penny from me. If NO ONE gave him a penny he'd climb off his high horse and change his ways or go under. I have NO use for that kind of crap. If he doesn't know what he wants for his stuff he has no business being in business (Dad was a realtor - the first thing you learn is how to price a house to sell but still do OK on it. Then you advertise the price so people can decide if they're interested.)

Dan