View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 07:32 PM

this sounds great!
my original idea was more of a CSA style delivery, where they would come down on a weekly or biweekly schedule, and pump out of their truck, everyone would have to come during the delivery window.

(csa = community supported agriculture, programs where you prepay for boxes of produce that get delivered from a farm, and you have to go every week or two to pick it up from the delivery location)

a co-op style would be great too! maybe we could follow the food co-op business model to a degree.
driving to the bronx is not that convenient, especially if taking the toll route. i just came back from there now.

I agree there are a lot of diesel cars I see you parked on the side of the road, and I would be excited to flyer them with basic info which points to a website with more info.

the manager at tri-state says he just puts b99 straight in his modern volkswagen...

I would hope the difference between us and the other co-ops is we would be buying commercially made biodiesel, not making it ourselves, skipping a lot of logistical and hopefully tax issues.

i feel like tri state should just spearhead this themselves but until they do, we should.

splitting 100 gallons I don't think even think would even take that many people, I buy about 13 gallons every 14 days.

i've wondered if the farmers markets would be interested in hosting a tank, the nyc greenmarket might be harder, but maybe the redhook added value farm?!

b99 makes a lot more sense to me, drivers can get petro diesel to mix with it when it gets below 32F, or use technol b100 cold flow improver.

i'm down to meet up after the new year.

thanks for spearheading!