View Single Post
  #10  
Old 01-06-2016, 02:49 PM
BillGrissom BillGrissom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmalu View Post
There is a thread floating around where the old rubber was dug out and then filled with Urathane.
I fixed one by scraping off the old brittle rubber and filling w/ PL1 black polyurethane caulk - for gutters at Home Depot. Others use it to fill engine mounts, which I also did for my 300D's. Previously, I fixed one shock top w/ fiberglass & epoxy but it later separated, but probably my fault from lifting the engine to install a mount and forgot to unscrew the shock damper.

I sure wouldn't pay $200 for a new one, and have bag of extra engine shocks from PickNPull. But, unlike Mannys, I don't see my life materially improved by the engine shock.
__________________
1984 & 1985 CA 300D's
1964 & 65 Mopar's - Valiant, Dart, Newport
1996 & 2002 Chrysler minivans
Reply With Quote