View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 10:45 AM

Good Pix Jim.

My camera can't get close up pix like that! Other wise i would have attached a picture worth a 1k words . In any case, My gauge is different from the one you're showing in a couple of things: 1) mine is electrical gauge and no oil pressure cable connected to it; it simply have a wire that comes from the oil pressure sender that carries resistance value that correlates with oil pressure and the gauge needle sweeps up/down according to resistance value. 2) My gauge does not have the trimmer coil like shown on your picture. The trimmer coil was removed after 1992 As i have similar gauge made in 1990 looks like the one you show, but my 95 gauge has a resister soldered on the main gauge coil and the original value of this resistor is 49.9 ohm and changing this resister value with your max load (in my case was ~270 ohm representing max oil pressure at initial start up) would result in needle calibration. So yesterday, I removed the 100 ohm and added a 108 ohm resister and now I get a perfectly lined up needle on 3 bar at initial start up where i was getting a little higher than 3 with the 100 ohm and a way higher than three (see picture on my initial post) with the 49.9 ohm. So I can live with this fix (0.07c). As for the question of why my oil gauge started to act this way to start with, that's another issue I will deal with it later after i test the oil pressure myself mechanically. My tech already did that for me and told me it was ~80 psi then drops to normal range after warm up. I don't see leaks or any engine abnormalities.