View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 11:21 AM

STEVE, THE "MISS" I'M TALKING ABOUT IS NOT MY WIFE OR MY DAUGHTER.......

THE MISS IS INTERMITENT, AT IDLE AND ON ACCELERATION, MORE SO WHEN COLD (40-60F OUTSIDE AIR) BUT IS STILL THERE AFTER THE FAN HAS CUT THE FAN CLUTCH ON (AFTER COMPLETE WARM UP.) IF I KNEW IF IT WAS MISSING ON JUST ONE CYLINDER, LIFE MIGHT BE SIMPLER....RAN A COMPRESSION TEST, ALL CYLINDERS CAME IN 85-90 PSI.... I'VE WORKED ON A LOT OF VEHICLES FOR YEARS BUT DATSUNS, VWS, CHEVIES AND FORD TRUCKS DONT HAVE ALL THE SAME STUFF AS THESE FINE GERMAN MERCEDES...SO............I'M TRYING TO GET UP TO SPEED HERE. READING OTHER POSTS, I REALISE THAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE IN THE COLD START VALVE, OR SOMEWHERE ELSE. HOW DOES ONE TEST A COLD START VALVE? WHAT ABOUT THE AIR INTAKE TEMP SENSOR? THE ENGINE COLANT SENSOR? I WOULD APPRECIATE A BIT A ASSISTANCE IN THE DIAGNOSTIC END TO FIGURE OUT THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM, I DON'T WANT TO HIDE THE SYMTOM, I CAN'T AFFORD TO THROW UNNEEDED PARTS AT IT EITHER. SEVERAL PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH MISS AT IDLE AND ACCELERATION AND HAVE CLEANED THINGS UP WITH TECHCRON. OTHERS SAY REPLACE INJECTORS. SHOULD INJECTORS BE REPLACED PERIODICALLY OR ONLY ON ABSOLUTE FAILURE? I'VE GOT A MANUAL ON CD BUT IT'S BEEN DIFFICULT FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND, MUCH OF THE DIAGNOTICS REQUIRES VERY SPECIALIZED EQUIP.

THANKS THANKS THANKS MY WIFE WANTS HER CAR BACK (SHE HAS MINE TILL I FIX HERS........)