View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 09:26 PM
User title not in use

Really good deal at Discount Tire for General AltiMAX RT43 tires! $225/four

I was looking at General AltiMAX RT43 tires in the 195/70 R14 size on Tire Rack for a while, but hesitating to pull the trigger because I would have been paying $320 with shipping and don't really have time to drive down to their CT warehouse during the week to bring the cost down to $260-ish. Then, today, I decided to look around at other places, and found that Discount Tire had them for $72.50 with free shipping, cheaper than TireRack's $67 + $13 shipping per tire. Then, when i clicked on it, I saw that there was a President's Day $75 rebate (Visa gift card) on a set of four! This meant that I could get a set of four good tires for $215, less than even the seedy no-name new tires that you find on Craigslist! I, of course, immediately put my order through. My total, with four valve stems (my current ones are ooolllld), is $225.

The General AltiMAX RT43 is rated as the third best tire in its class by Consumer Reports, behind the Michelin X-Radial (which costs $35 more per tire), and the Continental ContiPro Contact, which isn't available in a 14" version. TireRack's tests consistently put it at the top (although they haven't tested it against the Michelin). I'll post a review of them when they get here, but if you want them for a bargain-basement price, you probably need to act President's Day or before.

Here is the link for the 195/70 R14 tires:
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Here is the link for the 195/65 R15:

Here is a link for the 205/65 R15:
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."