View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandor View Post
Hello,

There is play in the right front wheel, so I bought a king pin repair kit and have been reading up on how to replace it. I have three questions:

1. Why can I not support the lower a-arm (maybe just leave the shock in place) and remove the entire king-pin assembly (spindle) to be worked on?

2. The instructiuons I found say the king pin bushings need to be reamed to size. The bushings I got in the kit fit fine over the pin in the kit. Are thy already sized, or once they are pressed in place the ID gets smaller?

3. Are there rubber bushings at the inner lower a-arm pivot? If so Pelican does not sell them.

Thanks,
I don't have any service info for the 108 but the 111 manual shows a rubber bushing on both ends of the lower A-arm. However it seems as if the outer bushing, the one attached to the steering spindle/knuckle, would 'rotate' as the car moves. The one on the inner end, that bolts to the car side of this deal, is more of an insulation bushing since there appears to be no way for it to move.

This inner bushing and it's housing can be adjusted for alignment, but then it is bolted down tight.