View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
I'll look at the new part for details. For the record, the issue is the with the upper control arm bolt that holds the UCA in the body. The access is obstructed mostly by the brake master & lines and the AC hoses.

The rubber on the upper control arm doesn't appear very deteriorated. The reason for removing is how the car was handling and bad ball joints. I decided to do all because the other SD drove so much better with all new parts installed at the same time. I like to take care of the entire system and not need to go back in for a long time.

I installed the bushings in the LCA without incident and know how that bushing is configured. I'll try more stuff after having been away from it for a while.
In the pic of my no good Lower Control Arm Bushing the what is supposed to be a solid piece of rubber sheared into 2 pieces of rubber inside of the bushing.

I stuck some toothpicks in part of the sheared area but it goes all the way around inside of the bushing.

I would have posted the pic in my previous explaination but did not have the pics with me at the Library.
Attached Thumbnails
anyone have trouble with upper control arm bolt?-lower-control-arm-bushing-march-16.jpg