View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:25 AM

I've now tried disconnecting the TPS but the revving problem didn't go away.
I then tried unplugging the fuel control solenoid or rack actuator. The large connection following the cable from the IP. but with this unplugged it wont start.
Trying to think of a logical reason that this has been made worse with the replacement of the separate oil cooler and my guess would be that the fuel control cable may have been pulled as the separate oil cooler in directly behind the IP.
The cable itself looks ok but I'll get a probe on this later and test continuity. If anyone knows what sort of voltage readings I should be getting from the fuel control solenoid that would certainly help to narrow down whether its a problem from the ECU or if could be a problem with the IP or the connections inside it.
Before I start messing with what I suspect is a loose or broken connection inside the back of the IP can anyone advise whether or not there are any issues with removing the back of the IP (the part where the cable enters) and if I'm likely to be able to see the connections inside there?