View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 PM

May be a fuse and maybe not. Had a look in the fuse box? The garage could have been ethical or maybe not. One would have assumed they looked there.

The only reason I posted this was that this has not been a sore point and with a little luck it has just lost its voltage feed. Maybe a member can look up a wiring schematic for your model and have a look.

I have been very touchy about boosting for a very long time. You can get real damage. Better to just let the feeder car take some time and bring the battery voltage back up.

Actually even safer with only one battery cable left connected. Also an adapter pack to apply twelve volts into the cigarette type liter socket can reduce loss of radio codes etc. if you take one cable off.

I think it is safe to say the newer the car the greater the possibilities. There are similarities in life.

One early spring day for example a woman out at the cottage drove off the road. The car sank in the mud right up to past the rockers. She wanted me to pull her new car out.

I explained that I would not mind doing it other than I cannot damage your car. You need a tow truck. I do not think she was happy with me but it was the truth. What I had was powerful enough to break any suction.

At the same time it also could do serious damage in the process. There is almost nothing structurally to some of newer cars.

Also an option is a used cluster from a wrecker. Still unless the garage did some real diagnosis there is no absolute guarantee that is what it is. It is strange they did not offer that option as well. You almost have to be a believer to trust car repair places now anyways. If you are lucky enough to find an honest one keep them.

Last edited by barry12345; 03-14-2016 at 08:10 PM.