View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 AM
Diesel Preferred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkraft67 View Post
However, I have a few things I'm not happy with. First, when I set the region to USA, I seem to lose the RDS data. I knew the USB would not read music from my iPhone but I at least thought it would charge it, however it does not (it does detect a USB device is connected, but can't read the iPhone data).
I think you are correct on the RDS data, my radio does not display that either. I thought perhaps there was a menu setting to activate that, but I never looked into that because it is not too important to me.

USB charging: Good to know that about the iPhone, which model do you have? Don't forget that there is an AUX IN port if you wanted to pipe in your music that way. Could there be an issue with the cable you are using? Strange that an Android phone charges fine, but an iPhone doesn't want to. Is that an Apple thing? I once bought an iPod, but found that I could not charge it from my Windows laptop until I installed the required Apple software on my laptop. That was the last Apple product I bought for myself.

I listen to Podcasts (I like the Podcast Republic app) and this radio works great for streaming those via Bluetooth.
'87 124.193 (300TD) "White Whale", ~392k miles, 3.5l IP fitted
'95 124.131 (E300) "Sapphire", 380k miles
'73 Balboa 20 "Sanctification"
Charleston SC