View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 10:22 AM
TURBODIESEL

I did find a nice way to get the upper control arm nut back on without too much fussing around. I took a patch of tape and taped the nut on a closed end wrench before sticking it down by the fusebox, this prevented dropping the nut and getting it started with only the wrench in the hole.

The W126 has returned-uppercontroltrick.jpg

Next up was the engine and transmission mounts, though I didn't do the engine dampers this time around.

The W126 has returned-enginemounts.jpg

The W126 has returned-enginemountsdiff.jpg

The rear subframe was removed completely, one flex disc and the center bushing were destroyed.

The W126 has returned-oldrear.jpg

The W126 has returned-norear.jpg

Taking the rear out wasn't too terrible. Remove the driveshaft, rear differential, and axles. Support center of subframe where the differential was. Support each trailing arm while removing shocks, sway-bar links, and calipers, when these are loose you can set the arm on the resting tab. Leave the front mounts on, and drop the rear of the subframe down until the springs fall out. Jack it back into 90 degree alignment for removal of the front bolts and you can work on the assembly much easier when it is out of the car.
2007 OM642 Jeep WK 4x4