View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 AM

Its been a while so time for update. I haven't had time working 7 says a week atm to work on the ol girl so i farmed it out to a local shop. I know the owners very well from church and they have always done righr by me. Anyways they found the coolant leaks... one was the small tube and the other was the PO failed to put a bolt back in the water pump when it was replaced. So new pump, and hose fixed along with he installed a catch can for the overflow coolant for a very resonable price. He also wasnt able to adjust the bands any to get the tranny to work properly. Its in another shop now for the tranny. $1300 out the door for a rebuild at one of the highest rated shops in seattle.

Im sitting on new pencil glowplugs to put in and will adjust the valves as well when i get her back.

Odd thing i noticed, when driving to the other shop for the tranny it would only get maybe 65-70°c it blew warm but not the usual scalding hot air. She normally was 80-85°c. If it continues i will have it check out again.