View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 01:53 PM

hi bungee

i agree that harbor freight or ENCO have cheap pricing the qage should be 9.99 and the magnet stand (make sure you get one with micro adjust) should be about the same. normal travel is about 1.o" or 25mm

as for your cam the first question is how is it running? are you rebuilding the engine. is there any visable signs. any noise coming from the valve train. i think if you answer ok no no & no i would leave it alone. t he cam has probably some wear a few thousand .003 and the rockers may have some wear but if there are no obvious pitting or gouges they should be fine

you didn't mention how long it's been since the rails have been done. if it was me and the cams look ok with no problems i would put my 750.oo $ somewhere else.

just opened my J&L supply monthly flyer. they got a chinese import 1" travel indicator & base for 28.95. fowler brand is as good as they come so the import should be top of the imports. i use nothing but fowler gauges in my shop.

good luck

1972 350sl Red/Blk 117k
1988 420sel charcoal/Blk 140k
1987 420sel gold/tan 128k
See My Cars at:http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aytj/index.html

Pound it to fit then Paint it to match!

There is only First Place and Varying degrees of last!

Old age and deceit will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm every time!

Putting the square peg in the round hole is not hard... IF you do it fast enough!

Old enough to know better but stupid enough to do it anyway!