View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 09:57 PM

Calling all m103 guru's - Cooling and starting issues

So I have a 89 m103 190e, Im having cold start issues where sometimes it just dies and every single time on cold starts i have to give it gas and it misfires and chugs until it get revs past 1500 then it seems fine. When stored in heated garage though it starts without gas and misfires minimally.
Then on warm starts it does the same misfiring and chugging until revved past 1500 then it seems fine.
It also does the same thing under heavy braking to a stop, it'll chug and misfire until revved from a red light to about 1500 then all is fine again

Now onto the cooling issue, when at speeds above 65km/h (40mph) the temp is at 80-85c then when brought to a stop the temp creeps up to over 100c and when idling or slow moving around downtown it gets to 110c, at this point it'll again misfire and sputter about until revved past 1500rpm.

I've changed the cap, rotor and spark plugs, put in a new voltage regulator, done front timing cover seal, cleaned the injectors with carb cleaner, new air filter, new fuel filter. I had a shop change the lamba or something along those lines and it didn't really help. The pass side aux fax is seized but the tech at the shop said it shouldnt really matter much

Should I be looking to change the spark plug wires and coil, put in new thermostat and water pump as well as fan clutch this summer ?

Last edited by Kofi; 04-16-2016 at 10:25 PM.