View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 12:17 PM

W210 AC Compressor oil fill issue

Hello all,

I am working on replacing the AC Compressor in my 1998 E320. I'm using a Nippon/Denso 7SB16C. I've been following the common guide available here:

W210 E430 AC Compressor Replacement Write-Up - Mercedes-Benz Forum

I got to the part of filling the new compressor with oil and I'm a little stumped. I'm also hoping I didn't destroy my new compressor. Two available sources for the oil capacity for that year car and this compressor said it needed 120ml of the PAO68 oil. I checked for old oil, but only a little bit of oil came out and it came out of the smaller line hole. I checked all over but couldn't find any fill procedure for that compressor. Since the little bit of oil poured out of the smaller line hole, I poured 100ml of oil in. When pouring in the last 20, it got completely full and would not go down any more, even when I rotated the compressor. I assumed at this point there must have been oil in the compressor, so I begin trying to drain it, but hardly 10ml of oil has come out even from me tipping it upside down, rotating the pulley, etc, but nothing. So now I'm wondering where all the oil I poured in there went and how to get it to drain.

I'm now reading I might just need to check how much oil was in my old compressor and duplicate that amount in the new one, but I can't get any oil out of either one.

So tell me, did I ruin my new compressor already, oil where it wasn't supposed to go? If not, does anyone know how I can get the oil of of this one completely? If it makes any difference, I am changing the drier as well.

Thank you!