View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Mike Murrell's Avatar
Mike Murrell Mike Murrell is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 2,359

Unless the leak is glaring, you may not find it until you do as Kestas suggested and pressurize the system.

Auto Zone(and other mass marketers) rent a pressure tester for about $75.00. They let me keep it 3 days. You pay $75.00 when you rent it and they refund all $75.00 when you return it.

You perform this test on a cold engine. I had a bear of a leak awhile back on a 103 motor and would have never figured it out had I not rented this gadget.

You pull the radiator/expansion tank cap, connect an adapter if needed, then hook up the pressure tester. You pump it up by hand just like you would an old style tire pump.
Mike Murrell
1991 300-SEL - Model 126
M103 - SOHC
Reply With Quote