View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplem104 View Post
So I have been working on this for about a year. I am going to start selling these. This is the new TCM-2800 from PCS.
Biggest changes are current monitoring and amperage targeting vs duty cycle and the whole system is a torque based tune. So derived from torque we target a amperage for the fill pressure and overlap control and then also from the torque we target a desired shift time. The shift time dictates amperage for the ratio change part of the shift.
We end up with a two stage pressure control for each shift. Much more refined and a lot more control of the more difficult shifts. We also have separate maps for upshift and downshift. So they can all be tuned independently.
There are a lot of other changes as well. Inertia tuning and many new setup features.
The other big one is we are on the factory CAN bus as an option. So this can be installed into a factory car as a replacement for the Factory tcm. This is only on ME 2.8 ecus and up. So pretty much any car from 2002-2003 up to the end of production. The ME CAN ids for 312 etc.
But this takes us from the early 2000s to the end of facory opted 722.6 cars. As well as the Dodge cars.

This will also be coming out with a package that I am developing for factory ecu and standalone tcu setups. For engine swaps. I will be starting the engine swap of a om648 very soon into my w123 wagon. Using the factory cdi module and a standalone DAS setup and the tcm-2800.
W:

What is the source of the torque information, and the form of that information as an input signal to the TCU?