View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 01:44 AM

Early cars used a different CAN message structure. Ie 1996-2000 ish. I have seen some variance. They did not use the id 312. Later cars did. So if you knew the messaging structures in the cars it would make more sense. It is hard to narrow it down exactly so some CAN sniffing would be best if you did not know for sure which system you had.
Dodge used basically the identical CAN structure. So there are no changes necessary to run between Mercedes and Dodge.
Jag and Porsche are different setups. I have no idea what they used for the CAN. But I have no intention of changing any of it for a small number of people.

Frank,
So sort of yes. We regulate pressure to control the firmness and speed of a shift. What we are doing now is targeting a pressure//amperage. What we might switch to is a pressure ramp rate. So as the shift begins from the fill pressure and ratio begins to change we will switch to a ramp rate over time to complete the shift. The steeper the ramp the faster the shift. The way we are doing it now is simply targeting a 2nd fixed amperage value to target a shift time. It works very well and is a little less complicated. The 2nd pressure stage though is controlled via a desired shift time. So we are targeting a shift time or clutch apply rate.