View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 03:42 AM

'69 230 build w/LQ4 swap

I changed direction on my previous engine choice, so I started this new thread. Photos of the car and other info on the previous thread here:

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/vintage-mercedes/374307-69-230-w-m110-build-swap.html

My original goal for this car remains the same, hot rodded sleeper. The luxury of modern fuel injection with beauty of a classic Benz.

It's been like pulling teeth to deal with the various machine shops and vendors to build the M110 the way I wanted, and to try and get as much horsepower as possible out of it. It seems no one can keep to their promised delivery times. So after 6 months of time, a couple thousand in wasted dollars, and the realization that if I could get 280HP out of the M110 is still wouldn't qualify the car as a Hot Rod, I admit defeat and give up on this engine.

So on to a simpler more modern solution. The Chevy LQ4 with a 4L80e trans.

Stock photo:

'69 230 build w/LQ4 swap-image.jpeg

I purchased a complete 48,000 mile, 2005 drop out unit including engine, trans, ECU, wiring harness, gas pedal, accessories, and O2 sensors for $2500.

It shipped out this week and should be here in Hawaii in about 3 weeks.

In the mean time I'm getting some other items completed like a stereo and prepare what I can, while still driving, to get ready for the swap. Electric fan conversion, battery relocation, spare tire delete to make room for dual exhaust, etc