View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 01:23 AM

The engine bay looks pretty good. The only rust I see so far is a small soft spot that I think is from a leaking heater core. This car must have spent a lot of time in the garage because I didn't find one rusty bolt. Everything unbolted like it was put together yesterday.

'69 230 build w/LQ4 swap-image.jpeg

Looks like I have a little more room than I thought to snake the drivers side exhaust through. Fingers crossed

I tracked my engine today and it should be to Long Beach Tuesday. Then a week or two to Honolulu.

I paid Patrick G to spec the camshaft for this engine based on it being transplanted from a 3/4 ton truck into 3100 lb Mercedes. With the goal of maximum performance with minimal lope at idle, to match a stock torque converter and the MB's 230's rear gear ratio.

Since this is cam has a higher lift different valve springs are required. I ordered the cam, springs, gaskets, and new pushrods from Texas Speed. Tracking shows to me next Tuesday.