View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:03 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Yeah, beige MB-Tex inside. (Is "beige" the proper name for the color? I haven't been able to find any period brochures or anything with MBZ's interior color names).
The USA name for that interior color (code xx5) was Cream-Beige, for W124 chassis through 1993. The color changed slightly in 1994 and received a new name, Parchment. (The colors and names also changed for interior code xx4, which is the peanut-buttery color... 86-93 was Palomino, 94-95 was much darker and called Saddle.) Only those two colors changed, btw... the other six colors remained the same through the end of 124 production. A few pics of the color change are here:
http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_stuff/color_change_94-95/

Quote:
In a perfect world, I would've found a car with ASD and heated seats, but that combo is probably rare as hen's teeth these days. Otherwise, I don't know what was offered as standard and what was optional - the car has a sunroof, if that's an option.
10 years ago I wanted one with ASD and heated seats. It took me about 18 months of searching nationwide to find one that wasn't in the rust belt (most were), and that didn't have black paint (can't keep a black car clean here in farmland). It was a real fixer-upper, more than I expected, but it ended up being a nice car once I got it sorted out. Unfortunately we found the little 2.5T was too underpowered in summer with AC on, for our taste... living at 2700' elevation didn't help. It was fine in winter, or at sea level. The car now belongs to my sister who is quite happy with it. Pics are at this link.

Quote:
Again, it would be nice to find a period brochure or ordering guide or something.
Your wish is granted! Check out the 1992 directory, at the top of the link below. Enjoy...
http://www.w124performance.com/docs/mb/articles/