View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd4evr View Post
cool build so far. what are you gonna do about the cross member? you just removed all of the structure of the front suspension.
what pan is that ? i saw a s13 swap front sump pan that i have considered for an ls swap from canton.i just found this one also. Fueled Racing Moroso Oil Pan kit S chassis - Ace Up Motorsports
i know there is a little more structure in a w114 compared to a w111 but i still wouldnt be comfortable with taking that much out. this looks like you get a good bit more clearance to get more of that cross member fore aft thickness back.
Thanks for posting and your comments.

I bought the pan off of eBay, it's a copy of canton 15-276.

As far as the crossmember is concerned, I did not cut though the center in its entirety. I only removed what would be in conflict with the pan in my proposed location. I made several measurements in the engine bay area before I started cutting anything. Even with the engine currently sitting on the crossmember the measurements remain the same.

After I finish fitting everything possible I will remove the engine and completely rebuild the crossmember with additional steel for support and additional sheet metal skin to keep a factory look. I'll post progress.

My Hooker exhaust manifolds arrived here is some info, I purchased the Titanium ceramic coated ones.

'69 230 build w/LQ4 swap-image.jpeg