View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 08:36 AM

Bringing it back from the dead

I have an excellent condition 77' w123 (240d non turbo). At least everything except the parts that met the back corner of a tall truck on the front passenger side.

Long story short I have a big project ahead of me...

Here are the important parts..

I have a 77' duplicate parts car in tact so I dont need to purchase any parts (except a nicer headlight assembly down the road)

I need to remove the inner and outer fenders from the parts car and the front chassis clip (what hold the radiator and head light assembly's)

I also need to figure out how to pull the same pieces from my mangled car.

Here are the questions I have..

There is no frame damage just damage to the fenders. I know removing the outer fender will be a trick with all the damage because right now I cannot get the passenger door open to remove the fender bolts.

Under the hood... the chassis clip (holding the head lights and bolted to the bumper) is severly damaged on the passenger side and will be replaced I can get this out fairly easy from what I can see.

How do I get started?? I have never done body work or a tear down like this before...

How does one remove the inner fender and wheel well... it is caved in and damaged from about 6 inches forward of the suspension pieces to where the headlight should be... I cant see any tutorials on how to remove or replace this part of the chassis/body???

I need to replace the radiator, AC unit and air intake also probably some of the plastic pulley pieces behind the radiator (not an engine guy sorry) but no other engine components were damaged...

The truck was high off the ground and did not collide with my bumper at all just sheered the hood back and folded the corner with the passenger headlight assembly flat/accordianed back into the engine bay. Ill try to get a picture up but if this rolled into a body shop.. where would one start???

Last edited by w123newbie; 08-09-2016 at 09:27 AM.