View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 01:01 PM

W123 door moulding--need clips?

I guess one downside of having a garage space for your antique car is when the door moulding catches on the stud of the wall and rips loose as you close the door. That happened to me this morning, and I then had a piece of trim half-off. I was already late to work. I tried pushing the moulding back on but the projections that were loose refused to "stick" at all. I decided to gently pop the moulding the rest of the way off to avoid losing it or scratching up the door on my drive in.

So, I've got my moulding with 7 projections sticking out, and 7 matching holes in my door, but the moulding won't stay on. I've never worked with the trim on my Benz before...are there single-use clips involved, that I now need to buy 7 of?

I looked on the Pelican Parts site and found my moulding, which referenced needing 7 "001-988-20-81 Clip". There are two listings, one is No Longer Available and the other is Out of Stock. But it looks like I can get 'em on ebay. So is this what I have to do, get new clips?

1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D Base Sedan - Bumpers, Doors, Latches & Lids - Page 6