View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogviler View Post
The Kenwood "sub" definitely has some punch, but there are two songs I always use to test a sub (Ludacris - Blueberry Yum Yum and Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood) and they don't even register on it. So now I'm trying to figure out something that will fit in the floor where the vomit seats used to be. You sedan guys have it easy!

-Rog
You could get a custom fiberglass enclosure built in the rear facing seat area. I've looked at the space in a few wagons, but never very closely with the seats removed. This is commonly done in spare tire wells if you want to get an idea of the work required. Whatever you go with, it will be a lot easier to get the low frequency extension you want than with sub/amp combo boxes, which IMO are a complete waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post
Besides the need for an amp, is there any good reason why one couldn't just make an enclosure and put a decent size speaker in there, and cross it over? Doesn't have to be a huge speaker and doesn't have to be all frequencies.
The answer IMHO is no. Typically, the most difficult part of installing a stereo is running the wires through the car. Subs, amps, and prefab enclosures are cheap.

#dontdealwithkahlil