View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 07:41 PM

Did a valve adjustment, all of the exhaust valves were a little too tight,

Also cleaned up the valve cover and installed a new Oil Filler Cap Seal, as the old one was pretty worn out

Fast forward a couple of months, my girlfriend and I were house sitting, and I took the Mercelboo up.

The house we were watching was buried up in the Colorado mountains, and the Mercedes was shifting a little too early causing it to have some trouble climbing the hills, so when I got there I adjusted the Bowden Cable, I took the car for a test drive, and it worked flawlessly. I came to a complete stop on a steep hill and gave it a bit of gas, and it took off perfectly!

I went to stop and the power brakes were gone! Sure enough, it didn't shut off either. hmmmmm, no vacuum....

I turned the car on again (after shutting it off manually) and the problem didn't happen again until 5 minutes later, and was intermediate.
I took the car back home, and did some tests with the Mityvac,. Everything was pulling a good amount of vacuum, I was testing individual components, and everything was looking good, some slight leaks here and there but nothing too serious.

After running a series of test, I eventually plugged my MityVac directly into the vacuum pump and went for a drive, everything was working fine pulling 15-20" of vacuum, then suddenly just lost ALL vacuum, and was having trouble rebuilding it.

I ended up taking out the Vacuum Pump, and check valve to find this:

The check valve that goes betweent he pump and the main line.

I've been spending the last few weeks trying to find a new pump, I originally bought one (a new unit) off of a guy on eBay, but took the guy almost a week and a half to ship it, and when it came in it was a M10 BMW oil pump, and am currently fighting for my money back.

So I'm bought another one from Pelican Parts. Currently waiting on that!

Last edited by danderso; 09-06-2016 at 08:08 PM.