View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compress ignite View Post
Nah,I don't wanna change it,
I just want to make sure somebody else didn't already!

(I got A' Holt of a generic carfax and the milage has not been screwes with)
Good, about the only thing CF is good for is a mileage tally and a "where has this car been? ". My SL is tagged on CF as having moderate rear damage at some point. All that was changed was the rear bumper cover and after purchase I worked out a shallow dent in the spare tire well. The steel bumper facing was untouched, I'd hardly call this "moderate".

With an older car, mileage shrinks to relative unimportance and actual condition of the car matters more. A shop I do some consulting for told me of a 2005 ish Chevy Trail Blazer that they had in for inspection, the frame was rotted so bad they poked many, many holes in the frame with a screwdriver, the car has 26,000 miles. Driving it even a few times on wet salted roads is just as bad as a full winter. I'm betting the owner rarely drove in the rain to wash off the undercarriage compounding the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compress ignite View Post
The 85 C figure is from the "Representation" of a Temperature Gauge
in the Instrument Cluster.
My SL and C280 run about 2 needle widths above the 80 C mark. The HVAC shows maybe 198 F max on a hot slow traffic day with 192 - 195 typical.

After purchase, my C would run hot ( 220 F ) at idle and 160 F when engine speed was over 1500 RPM. The thermostat bridge broke allowing the stat valve to be cocked and 1/2 open. As a result the bypass was not closed and the rad was partly open. For a pic, look at my post 5 here 1995 e320 running hot