View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Thumb up on using the "Rage" line of filler! Good stuff. Please don't refer to it as "Bondo". Have a little pride.

The 2K primer is the only way to go. Stuff sticks like glue, wears like iron, covers like a raincoat and sands into a fine undercoat. I used to choke at the price until I used it a few times and realized how much money it was saving me in time and effort. Use a GOOD respirator though. The stuff doesn't care if it is lung tissue or metal, it is going to bind to it.
Mike D, thanks for the comments! Made me smile!

I was afraid some people might know the word "Bondo" better than filler.

And obviously I agree with your assessment of the 2k primer. Great stuff.

Sprayed out 3 coats today. Need a couple touches of sanding, filler, and spot priming this afternoon, and wait to wet sand all in the morning. Although you can sand after 2 hours I find less shrinking later if you wait overnight.

I'm pretty happy with the overall look of the engine bay. I've left just enough "defects" so that it should look stock after paint. By defects I mean some "ripples" in the metal and a few spot welds. But way smoother.

'69 230 build w/LQ4 swap-image.jpeg