View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 06:28 AM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdman View Post
Air&Road, an SLK320 has a V6 engine. If you have an SLK230 then it has an inline 4-cylinder engine. Which vehicle do you own?
As the thread title indicates, the thread pertains to an SLK320 that I bought Wednesday, but have not yet taken delivery. I also have an SLK230 that I wrecked about a year ago. I indeed jumped the gun with this thread, but I thought there might be a common Achilles heel with this engine that someone might be aware of. I am hoping that when I get my hands on it, a code will lead me directly to the problem.

The car is so pristine, that I think I will be good with whatever it takes to make it right.

My BIL the MB tech has been telling me since these cars came out in '99 that I should get a 320 instead of a 230 because it is so much faster. My 230 would mash you into the back of the seat, so I expected the 320 to feel like a rocket ship. Time will tell.

BTW, back when this car was new I was with my BIL while he was test driving my car. We entered a downhill entrance ramp that was a common route for his test drives. He said "an SLK320 will do 120 by the end of this ramp." I asked "how do you know?"

Also BTW, if my generic scanner doesn't retrieve a code that leads me to the problem, I will take it to my BIL and see if their are enhanced codes that will help. He will home in on it if I can't.