View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 PM

Updates

Because I know I'm not the only one with these issues. I wanted to update this post. I've done a few things, some of which have made a difference, some haven't. All in all, I think I've reduced the shutter by about 60% - so here is what I've done, and how much of the 60% the specific fix helped:

1 - transmission mount - 0% (the one I took off was probably totally fine)
2 - new coils all around - 40% (I actually had one go bad, which made a light go off in my head, so I changed them all - big improvement)
3 - Oil Guides - changing them as they go bad to upgraded versions 0-10% I think it actually has helped... although its hard to say, could just be plecebo effect.
4 - Check wheel bearing torque/health. This has made a HUGE difference at speed. Probably 75% reduction at speed (still minor shake, but I'm sure the flex discs are in need of replacement, and the driveshaft is probably out of balance) and one of the wheel (the front right) actually had about 1/64th inch of play in the bearing - which would definitely cause a vibration at speed.
5 - Injector cleaner (techron through the fuel tank) - 5%
6 - new fuel filter - 0-5% again, this might be plecebo effect.

Next up I'll be cleaning the air intake parts (although they look really good, and the fuel trim is well within range - so I don't think its an air delivery problem - although the MAS could be giving faulty readings)

And Im considering changing the Camshaft position sensors, and magnets. AS well as the crank sensor. Anyway, if you have any thoughts. I'd love to hear them. I'll probably being doing most of these fixes in November, since my car fixin' budget was just blown on a new radiator for my wifes car.