View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 12:05 PM

I am getting ready to do exhaust on my 126 and have a question regarding the O2 sensor. Right now I have 2-1 exhaust with the crossover behind the engine. True duals are in the plans, but don't have the cash right now, so I am redoing it in it's current 2-1 configuration (much cheaper)! My car did not come with any cats from the factory at all. So under the main flange (where the 2 come into 1) there is just a big Y and goes into 2 under the car. My O2 sensor is currently plugged into the front of the cat. Well my cat is going to go bye-bye and I am wondering where to relocate the O2 sensor. I don't know where it was originally, or how exactly my exhaust looked prior to the cat being installed for US conversion. I have considered 2 options. Putting an H-pipe or X-pipe where the cat currently is and put the O2 sensor in the middle of that so it gets the heat from both pipes...or putting it right under the main flange right before it splits into 2...so it also gets more heat. I'm worried that if I just put it in one of the two pipes, it might not get hot enough. Anyone have any input on this?

"A Mercedes-Benz is like a fine wine, it only gets better with age."