View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Out of the blue there seems to be a drain on the battery with the car parked. Pulling fuse #2 stops it. When fuse 2 is in there is a draw of 12.64 volts across the negative terminal to the negative battery cable, fuse 2 pulled and it's a 0.15 volt draw which is the clock I assume.

Fuse 2 has

Clock, trunk light, diagnostic, switch-over valve,seat back arrester, roof light front and rear, hazard warning system, automatic anenna, illuminated vanity mirror, warning monitor term 5, (electronic radio)

I've pulled the clock, trunk light, vanity mirrors, radio, and interior lights front /rear. Not sure what warning monitor term 5 is or diagnostic.

Anyone else come across an issue with fuse 2 like this before? I need to find a wiring diagram and see what fuse 2 truly covers.
battery draw is not measured in volts, are you sure you're not talking about MA. also, if the clock is truly off of the circuit for fuse #2, then the remaining 0.15 ma (volts?) has to be something else. if you google "parasitic battery draw" there are a number of videos on youtube that although are not specific, the same principles still apply to your car. also what year is your car? and is it sedan, coupe' or touring car?