View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Not so amused

Has anyone posted a fix for the monovalve spring issue? (w123)

I have acquired a spare complete w123 monovalve assembly from a parts car that I am going to pull apart and clean.

I am also considering pulling the trigger on a Mercedes OE insert replacement (assuming this is the old Bosch part), which I am able to get here in Canada considerably cheaper than the posted US prices (this happens from time to time). It would be approx. 3-4 times the cost of the MTC aftermarket item, but comes with a two-year replacement warranty (including third party labour charges, if applicable).

So two questions:

- Has anyone else opted for the Mercedes OE part and what was your experience?

- Has anyone come up with something definitive on the weak spring issue. I did read a thread on it some time ago but it doesn't seem to be popping up when I search.

EDIT: Maybe I should add that I am addressing a sudden problem whereby I have almost no heat after a hot start. I was already living with no heat at highway speeds (don't use the car in winter so not a huge issue).

Thanks

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22