View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Just a guy
Use Mobil 1 synthetic, and use the viscosity to suit your climate. In Alberta, most of use 10W-30 in the winter (can use 5-30 or 0-30, but with Mobil 1's super low pour point, 10-30 works just fine) I buy the Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart, as I can often find it on special. Sometimes they have 5 litre jugs on for about $24.00. Even their regular prices are pretty good.

15-40 works well in the summer, but the 10-30 seems to work just as well in these parts, too.

I have the MB oil filter wrench, and it works great. Be careful when taiking out the filter, as there is a wiring harness right above it you don't want to damage.

I use the LiquiVac system, and really like it. It's up to you, but either dipstick extraction or oil pan plug draining are accepted methods.

You can get a proper 1998MY manual from the dealer. Did he buy it from a dealer? for servicing, I have not had good experiences with Hyatt. My Dad lives in Crowsnest Pass, and bought his C230 at Hyatt. Won't take there for service, though. I also bought my car at Hyatt, as none of the Edmonton dealers would sell me a car. Since dad comes here lots, he's been going to Weber with good results, but sometimes he uses LoneStar in Calgary, and they seem okay.
John Shellenberg
1998 C230 "Black Betty" 240K