View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Razorback Soccer Dad

You can't get the door pockets off without first removing the door panels. They are clipped onto the panel from the back in some areas, bolted on in others.

To remove the door panel, you need to gently pry the door handle plastic (after removing the power seat switch buttons) away from the handle. Then unbolt the door pull. Also remove the cover by the side mirror (gently pushing UP, not OUT).

If your panels have never been removed, it will take some grunt to get everything out. Besides the clips and lip along the window edge, there are several clips in general areas in the door panel that fasten the panel to the door skin.

But everything is designed to allow removal by pushing UP before pulling the entire panel away from the door shell. If you try to pry the panel away from the door (like on GM cars) you will destroy your door panel permanently!

Onve the panel is off, everything is in plain view and you can decide whether you want to tighten things up or just remove them altogether...

...and I remember the link you mentioned. I e-mailed the company (somewhere in Europe) and the door pockets (sans speakers) go for $400 apiece!

This was before the dollar tanked against the Euro, so I'm sure you'll have to cough up more dough today!
2016 Mustang (32K) - Daughter's car