View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 04:24 AM

The extra think 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust tubing and bends I ordered arrived today. I'm going dual exhaust, X-pipe, a pair of Magnaflow oval mufflers located in the area under the rear seats, then a pair of 4" round Magnaflow mufflers located on each side of the fuel tank under the trunk, then adding a second opening in the rear valance so the pair will exit balanced under the bumper.

My planned path should be able to be accomplished with these standard size pre-bent tubes, with the exception of the pipe coming off of the manifolds. There I need to cut out about 26* out of a 90* bend. My V cut leaves about 1" of the original pipe.

Then a quick tack after cutting to check fitment. The bend looks like it was always this angle.

After a couple fine adjustments welded up. Don't laugh at my welding ability. Besides being a novice I'm using a 110 volt welder with gasless stainless wire.

A little clean up and should be fine for under the car.

I ordered a 22 circuit Kwik Wire wire harness to rewire the car and the Vintage Air Magnum IV HVAC unit and hose kit today. I need these on hand to know how to start planning hoses and wiring though the engine bay. I really want to keep the engine bay clean, but no way around the pair of lines between the transmission and oil cooler, pair of heater lines and par of AC lines that need to run down the passenger side. This isn't going to be a show car or anything, but needs to be clean and serviceable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk