View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400Eric View Post
Sorry, I've been gone a short while. Other family members were still here though so this computer was still almost always on and my subscriptions tab is always open so it may look like I'm here even when I'm not.

Just straight 10 weight detergent oil. It won't be easy to find, so just take what you can get. Type IV trans fluid has loads of detergents in it. I think even the old type A has detergents in it. Detergents aren't your issue. Lack of line pressure is. We are trying to crutch that with thicker viscosity fluid/oil but now it looks like we missed the opportunity cause I wasn't here to answer your questions and now we have another load of thin trans fluid in there.

I did my two T-bars with the engine off. Just turn it all the way in till you get some resistance. Do this BEFORE you leave on your trip.
Eric, have you gone down the road (excuse the pun) of checking vacuum pressure to the box?

In order to smooth things out after changing pistons (as above) i also opted for a softer modulator setting, this works well but I suspect the real fault is with the modulator itself.

1996 Mercedes S124 E300TD - 129k - rolling restoration project -

1998 Mercedes W210 300TD - 118k (assimilated into above vehicle)