View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 12:09 AM

Moved forward on the exhaust, just tacking until I get some different wire to try. I actually finished the entire system, less final welding and bolting on the tips. I'm really excited on how it all turned out.

The stock exhaust was a single 2", I'm 1" lower to the top of the pipe and 1/2" larger diameter, so the bottom of the new exhaust is 1 1/2" lower than stock. I've got about 3/4" min clearance to the floor pan. Everything is serviceable. I used 3 hangers on each side. Each hanger is pointed forward. I set this up so that I can unbolt the exhaust at the manifolds and slide rearward off of the hangers as one unit. At least that's the plan.

I used a laser level for the fitment. The system is completely balanced and no point is greater than 1/4" different than the other. The driveshaft, at the pumpkin, is actually affect about 1". The pic makes it look like the tunes are not straight and off center, but they aren't.

I've got one pair of flow through ovals and one pair of flow through rounds. Hoping I have most of the exhaust note toned down.

The entire system, including the Magnaflow mufflers is stainless steel and will be fully welded except that the exhaust tips will be clamped on.

The 230 had a single exhaust pipe, exiting on the drivers side. Due to the gas tank being off center toward the passenger side, I had to move the stock exhaust cutout outward by 1 1/2" so that the passenger side muffler would clear the tank with some breathing room. I made a template of the stock exhaust exit and after some time fabbing and welding have a nice set of original shaped, balanced, exhaust penetrations. Now you can see what a 230 looks like with dual exhaust!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk