View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:04 AM

Looking good! Great deal at $300! Wish mine was that cheap...they seem to command a premium in the PNW, as far as I could tell shopping around. It sounds like you already know your way around theses cars pretty good, and know what to look for...I'll be following your progress, as we're sure to have similar issues down the line. In particular, I'm curious to see how your injector service turns out - it's on my short list of planned jobs.

Since you've already done the diesel purge and changed the spin-on and in-line fuel filters, and are planning on draining the tank, I'd recommend changing out the tank filter, as well (or at least cleaning the original). The only thing is, the job requires a big socket, somewhere around 46mm. I know Mercedes Source sells one, for a little less than $40 - but it is the right size, and machined down to be low profile, with a 17mm bolt welded onto the female end so that you can turn it with a wrench or socket in a readily available size. Just FYI. I mean, I'm sure there are other ways one could improvise something, or maybe you already have access to a 3/4 in drive 46mm socket. Anyway, I have a new tank filter in my garage - just waiting on picking up the aforementioned tool, and delaying the hassle of emptying the tank. Will probably do it in conjunction with a diesel purge one of these days, though.

One quick question - what's that cupholder arrangement you have going on in the center console there? Trying to find an elegant solution to the lack of cupholders, as my wife DD's the vehicle and it is important to her.

Thanks, and good luck!