let me think this through. here is the procedure i went through (from memory)
1. unscrewed door lock (black thing that u lift and push to lock /unlock door)
2. unscrew 2 screws on the chrome plate (near the edge)
3. unscrew the screw on the base of the arm rest
4. pop off black cover behind the door handle.
5. unscrew the screw that is revealed from number 4
6. pull door panel up (having the lock in down position helps)
7. disconnect the cig lighter, and light wires)
did u miss anything? if not them u might have a jammed clip or something.