View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 11:15 PM

Scammed into subscription service - NOT E.D. pills I promise

So I have a family member who is feeling rather ripped off from a website scam.

Could you guys give me an opinion on how to fight this?

So unnamed family member buys a "cosmetic" product from an ad they saw on a website. Unfortunately, there's not enough experience for the words "free trial" to arise any suspicion. There is zero mention of a subscription plan anywhere visible, just a product presentation and checkout. Free trial just pay shipping. They go for it, 2 days later they get a sample.

14 days go by and another package shows up. Of course look at bank account and of course, money is missing.

Go to Chase to report it. They then call the vendor and ask if they are legit. Vendor say, yea yea they ain't no thieves, and 3 weeks later, claim is denied.

The claim is denied on the basis that they have a website that clearly states cancel within 14 days otherwise subscribe. However, the short version of the page that the ad goes to has no mention of the subscription. They have 2 different check out pages.

It's like having checkout 2 at the grocery store assume that you want to buy the same thing every week, and they'll even deliver it too! Surprise!

How is this an acceptable loophole to become visa verified and why haven't the banks figured out this scam yet?

Here's the link
https://secur-ecart.com/refresh/1/?AFFID=91&C1=&C2=dBBV7OBFTJ5BJ6O0HHGB7258&C3=&C4=&click_id=9414179

Send them poop.